Protect your home and your family from Rats & Mice
Rats and mice getting into a home is a very serious problem and should be treated as an extremely urgent matter. Nearly a dozen of diseases are directly linked to them and represent a high risk for children, pets and for everyone.
They are very persistent and if they gain access to your premises, they will cause huge damage to your house and your belongings and will contaminate your food.
Rats and mice have a natural and constant gnawing habit. Their teeth grow continuously and they need to gnaw on plastic and wood to keep them trim. This means that they will “ eat up” our plastic containers and furniture!
Associated risks to Rats and Mice
Rats and mice represent a significant high health risk for humans as they carry numerous severe diseases such as salmonella and E-coli (Gastro-enteritis). Other associated risks to these rodents are:
- Damage: They can chew your electrical cables, causing fire, and damage your home’s insulation. Rats can chew everything in your home, including floor joints.
- Introducing other parasites: If they gain access to your home or business, they can bring along lice, ticks and fleas.
- Breeding: Rats and mice breed rapidly and uncontrollably if left untreated.
- Fear: The presence of rats and mice on your premises creates fear and anxiety.
Signs indicating a potential Rat or Mouse Problem
Rats hide from humans and are nocturnal creatures. If you suspect a rat or mice problem, know what you are looking for. These are the common signs of rats’ infestation:
- Strong ammonia–like smell as they urinate frequently. The smell can be very strong and linger for a long time.
- Scratching noises in partition walls and false ceilings
- Ripped food packaging
- Nests that usually contain youngs and will be located close to a food source such as behind or under the fridge.
- Damaged furniture and cables
- Presence of droppings on the floor
Getting rid of Rats and Mice
Are you worried about rats and mice getting inside your premises? If not treated, a few mice or rats can rapidly grow to a full colony. Some practical mice and rat control solutions such as traps and poison are available in stores. However, if the problem persists, professional help will be a must to protect your family’s health and your house’s safety.
With more than 40 years experience in Mauritius and in the Indian Ocean, Hardy Henry Services Ltée, backed by the training from Rentokil will provide you with tailored made pest control solutions and treatment for your home and business.
Don’t let rodents cause prejudice to your business and to your clients’ and employees’ health and safety. Find out more about our tailor made pest control solutions for businesses here.