Cockroaches: A vile and disgusting creature
They are among the most vile and disgusting creature you could come across. These tough insects have been around since the time of dinosaurs and have evolved as some of the most adaptable pest on earth. Cockroaches can live up to one month without food, up to two weeks without water and up to one week without…their head! They snack on your food, damage your books, lay their eggs everywhere and make themselves at home in your house!
If you have noticed an unpleasant smell under the water sinks or in cupboards, it’s time to look for signs of these non-desired guests and get rid of them!
Associated risks to cockroaches
These nasty insects are known carriers of salmonella, gastro-enteritis, dysentery and typhoid and can spread up to 33 different kinds of bacteria. Their droppings can cause eczema and triggers asthma attacks. More associated risks to cockroaches are:
- Contamination: When they snack on your food, they contaminate it. The risk is higher with children, with the elderly and those fighting illnesses.
- Damage: To your health, your books, your food and your goods-They will eat almost anything.
- Breeding: Cockroaches breed rapidly and uncontrollably if left untreated.
- Unpleasant smell: Yes, what you smell is their urine and faeces. This strong odour “sticks” to any food and objects they come into contact with.
Signs of cockroaches’ infestation
Cockroaches are nasty. They hide in dark and moist places where they can breed peacefully, waiting for the night to come to take over your house and feed on your goods. If ever you suspect a cockroach infestation, these are the common signs you should look for:
- Live insects: Cockroaches are nocturnal, and you don’t usually see them, or maybe when turning on the bathroom light at night. If they are visible during daytime, this presence indicates a high level of cockroach infestation and a high density of hidden ones.
- Egg cases, cast skins and droppings: Cockroaches shed their skin 5-8 times as they mature. Their droppings are black, around 1mm wide and of varying lengths and look similar to coffee crumbs.
- Odour: An unpleasant smell from closed cupboards or under water sinks is unfortunately the sign of an established cockroach infestation.
- Damage: They will eat about everything, even their own kind. If you notice uncommon damages to your goods, leather, and books, it may be a sign of infestation.
Do you want to serve cockroaches an eviction notice for good?
If not treated properly, a cockroach infestation can rapidly spread to neighbouring properties. If you saw signs of infestation or if you suspect one in your premises, taking prompt action against it is critical to enable fast and effective control.
Hardy Henry Services Ltee will provide you with a tailored cockroach control solution to eliminate them safely and effectively from your home. Our pest control experts know the best solutions to protect your home and your family and to reduce the risk of re-infestation. Using their knowledge of cockroaches and their habits, they will start by a thorough inspection of your premises to assess the level of infestation and will use the most appropriates treatment.
Are you looking for a professional, safe and efficient way to get rid of cockroaches? Don’t let these disgusting pests cause prejudice to your food production or hospitality business and to your clients’ and employees’ health and safety. Find out more about our tailor made Pest Control solutions for businesses here.